Friday, April 22, 2011

Just a Few Things...

Here's just a few things I never thought would happen in my life when I was 15:
  1. Own a pair of Converse. I used to think they were ugly, but I recently got a pair, they're super comfy!
  2. Learn to LOVE tomatoes! The texture made me gag growing up!
  3. Go to all 3 BYU's- Yes ALL three! BYU-Idaho, Hawaii, then Provo! Who woulda thought. All I wanted was to go to Hawaii!
  4. Serve a mission.  :) Never thought I would have the guts. Best learning experience EVER!
  5. Work & live in San Francisco. Never, EVER would have thought that, I hated San Fran when I was younger, I thought it was too crowded and dirty.
  6. Move back to California after graduating college and actually enjoy the Redwoods Ward! I had no intention of coming back to this state. NONE!
  7. Be single at 25. No Comment. Actually... it's all good. :)
  8. Wear Skinny Jeans. When I was 13, bell bottoms were just coming in again, I thought skinny jeans were hideous! I also remember my mom telling me capri's we're gonna come back...I didn't believe her.
  9. Have my own Cubicle. So exciting! *note the sarcasm*
  10. Prefer Thai Curry & Avocado to Chocolate & Ice Cream.
So from these few things, I've decided that life is extremely unexpected, and sometimes our best laid plans just don't work out. And you know what? That's okay. Cause most of the time those unexpected things in life turn out to be the BEST! One thing's for sure, we really don't know what to expect, I'm surprised at the way my life has turned out up to this point, I mean, the essentials stay the same; what's been most important in my life has become even more so, but a lot of things change. Life is ALWAYS changing, I guess that's one of the things you can always count on. These changes, whether they be for good or bad are the things we learn the most from! For example, moving back to California made me realize how beautiful it really is here, and I got to meet a lot of new and wonderful people. I was also able to spend more time with my family and learn to appreciate how amazing they are. Also, if I hadn't moved back, I would have never even thought of moving out to San Francisco. I wouldn't have this crazy adventure, which is still semi-new, and I don't know yet how living here will affect my life, all I know is that it is a new chapter, and that: a) new chapters come unexpectedly, and b) we usually don't realize all the blessings and learning they bring to our life until later. :)

I was just thinking about this today. Hope YOU do too!


So I just watched this video and it really connected with me. All these things I never expected to happen, happened. I was wrong about where my life was going to go. Maybe being wrong isn't that bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!