Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The 4 Month Mark and New Milestones!

Well, I guess I got burnt out by trying to post every few days last month! I just kinda stopped, and didn't find the time to write again. Life has been good, I'm settling in to my new apartment and job. You know, it's always exciting to move somewhere new for the first month or so. Everything is fresh and unknown, you have all these hopes and ambitions to make tons of new friends, see all the sights, have new adventures, and you feel like everything is going to be great! And then you reach that point where reality hits you, and you miss the place you left! All your friends, your family, the familiar places you went, and you have to actually face the fact that you've moved and everything in your life is new! You have to re-adjust everything! Since for the past 2 years I have moved pretty much every 4 months, I'm very familiar with this pattern and I think I reached that reality point last month. But have no fear, because after the 4 month mark it always gets better! ( I have actually stayed places for longer than 4 months and know that this is usually the point when I really feel settled.) And I'm reaching that point soon!  Needless to say, I'm excited for some stability in my life! To know that tomorrow, and next month, I will still have a job, still have an apartment, & that there is TIME for me to actually settle into a lifestyle! This is VERY exciting! It's been so long! :) I'm realizing that I can slow down, that I don't have to race to see everything all at once. I can pace myself and little by little establish my life here in San Francisco.

I'm also reaching an extremely exciting milestone in my life! I'm buying my first piece of furniture! :) Now I know that sounds silly, but, it makes me feel like I'm finally an adult. Now my dilemma is, do I get a dresser, or a wardrobe? The wardrobe is pine wood with a black-brown stain and 2 drawers on the bottom. The dresser has 8 drawers but is shorter so I could put things on top of it. It's such a hard decision, but I'll have to make it somehow! (note the sarcasm).  I will also be getting a bed soon! Hopefully this Saturday.Yay! I'll finally feel like this is my home, cause right now it just feels like I'm camping out! :) I've been sleeping on a memory foam topper for the past few months, and to be honest it hasn't been that bad, but....I can't wait for a bed! It will be so nice to come home and crash on my bed, instead of the floor! :) You see, I can be kind of a neat freak at times. I really enjoy having a place for everything, and when my room is clean I feel like my life is more balanced. And having balance in life is really important for me, otherwise life is not so fun.

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for balance and stability. I envy that. I'm still not done with my move every 4 months cycle. I'll probably move to a place next week that I'll move out of again in four months. ALAS. Someday, I will have a more permanent home. :)

    I'm glad you're getting settled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wardrobe - that is so my vote. Both of the ones you sent were very cute. I think you should eventually get a desk if you need something to put things on top of. Most dressers are empty or just have junk on them :)

    You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon Meridith, soon! Also, I think I've found the perfect man for you, so maybe you should think about moving out here! ;) I'm serious, he really would be perfect!

    Thanks Shara! You're right I've decided on the wardrobe, it just looks so nice! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!