Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pillow Fight!!! San Francisco's Annual Valentine's Day Pillow Fight to be exact!

 Every year in San Francisco for, well, I don't know how long, there is an amazing thing that happens. Hundreds of people gather together in downtown San Francisco on a day of love to enjoy an endearing, magical, and bonding moment together. A gigantic pillow fight!! This was the calm before the storm. Look at that beautiful peaceful scene, a huge group of people just waiting patiently before the battle begins!
This guys getting ready! He's got his pillow raised for action!
 The Pillow Fight officially starts at the strike of 6pm by the Embarcadero Ferry Building clock. Once that chime rings in 6 o' clock the pillow thrashing begins!
 This is my new friend Charity and I, we were trying to get a good shot of us with the fight in the background, but it didn't work very well.
More pillow fighting action!

Even more pillow fighting!
 I have to say there were some pretty crazy characters out there. There were some guys dressed up as gladiators, they had cardboard helmets and maybe a shield, unfortunately I didn't get a shot of them.

 I think I got hit over the head at least a hundred times, it was pretty crazy everywhere you turned people were ready to go! I got in some pretty good shots too. It was amazing how fun and exciting it was! I mean, pillow fights are always fun, but they're even fun with complete strangers! There's just something about hitting people with a plush feather pillow that's so satisfying! :)
 This was after being hit tons of times and towards the end I became the victim of a feather pillow that had seen it's last day, there were feathers everywhere, and yes a ton in my hair!
 Here's some of the group that went from the ward, it was so fun to meet up with them, definitely a bonding experience. Haha!

I love this one, it's so funny!

The battle continued until around 10pm! Can you believe it! I was probably there for an hour or so, and I was tired! Pillow fighting is a good workout, I think I'll have to suggest that as an exercise class! :) Anyway, this is one experience that everyone should try sometime in their lifetime. So if you're ever in the San Francisco area during Valentine's Day why don't you make a trip out to the largest pillow fight in the world, or maybe you should even plan a trip out here! It's amazing!

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!! I had no idea :D Reminds me a little of the Colorfest in UT

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome event. Best way to celebrate a day of love!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!