Friday, February 18, 2011

Oh...The Good Old Times...(Well Actually New Times) In The Office

 My cubicle! And look I have my own name plate! I was so excited when I got that! Silly, I know, but that's me! This is my office at MyNewPlace.com, so far it's been a good experience working here. I've made quite a few calls to property managers helping them with their accounts. Recently I've been working on a project where I'm writing up property listings for Craigslist. So the company is starting up a new writing service where we write up about 20 listings per property for them to post on Craigslist. Now it's kinda challenging coming up with unique listings about the same thing 20 times over, but I'm kinda enjoying being able to experiment with word order and finding new adjectives to use. It's made me realize that I do enjoy writing and that it's all about making connections with people. That any successful writing, whether it be a novel, an advertisement, poem or even a blog post has to be able to connect with others in order to draw someone in. So yeah, I'm enjoying my job, for the most part. :) Except in between projects when I don't have anything to do. I hate being unproductive!
 On another random note: Here's the latest post-it art in the office. A raincloud. :) I love it!
 Here's a Valentine one of my co-workers gave me! It's so cute, she made everyone these hearts with different styles of mustaches, and one was even a pirate, with an eye patch and a sword. I think they are adorable.
My mug (I painted this at Color Me Mine) and left hander's calender (thanks mom) at my desk. :) So I got a little bored this afternoon, I had finished all my projects and so I was kinda just sitting there waiting for a new assignment, that happens occasionally. I just work too fast! They just can't keep up with me! ;) I'm sure that pretty soon I'll have so much to do that I won't be able to keep up! Haha, so I better enjoy this while I can! So if I randomly chat with you uncontrollably just know that it's cause I'm desperate for human interaction. JK, Hahaha! Well, it's so quiet in my office sometimes. :) But I really do like my job. I promise... :)

2 comments:

  1. This might sound weird, but this glimpse of your cubicle and your nameplate makes me a little jealous of your life. You have a legitimate job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, well, I'm jealous of the fact that you're gonna be graduating with your Masters Degree in April!! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!