Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year 2013!!!

Well, It's a new year... again! Welcome 2013! I hope, despite the stigma, that this is a lucky year! Sad thing... I haven't written on here since my last New Year's Resolutions! So to be a little more varying, this post will not be my resolutions. However, I do want to look back on the year and say that 2012 has been a very interesting time. Through the good, the bad, and, yes, sometimes the ugly I've made it through another year and I'm still excited for new adventures! I'm not gonna lie, this year has been a challenging one for me. It's one of those years that go by really fast, where you really don't feel like you did much, but a lot of things happen that make it challenging to actually get the things done that you want to accomplish. 

For a quick overview, I'll give 3 example of the good, the bad, and the ugly: 

The Good: my brother had his first little boy this year! Stephen Arthur Svedi, born on February 13th the little guy has made the happiest addition to our family in a long time. However, it was with quite the traumatic entrance, which caused a lot of stress. He was born with some oxygen deprivation, and the doctors didn't know how much it would affect his brain functions. I was so scared for this little guy, but thankfully all is well now, he is completely fine and healthy! And we've all been so excited to have a little one in the family. He's the first grandchild and nephew, and the happiest baby I've ever seen! I love him... So so much!


The Bad/possibly good: my parents moved! They sold their house in Santa Rosa and my Dad is now in Massachusett's working, while my Mom is waiting out the cold MA winter in North Carolina with Shara and Craig so she doesn't freeze! Shaina and Scott moved into their own apartment, which is a great thing for them! Anyway, there have been BIG changes for my family this year! Which is exciting, and happy, but also a bit scary and unknown. 

As for me, The Ugly: (well, not really ugly, this is just to keep up with my theme. (; ) I've been on sort of a hiatus from change. Which could be considered refreshing for me actually! I'm still working at the same place and living in San Francisco in the same place. So I've been here for 2 years! Which is the longest I've stayed anywhere since graduating from high school! So, it's actually been a good thing. But, I don't want to get complacent and stop making goals to progress, which is what I feel has been the case for the last little while. For example, I haven't been doing the things I really LOVE, (that's the ugly part) I haven't been painting, drawing, bookbinding, dancing, excercising. I guess I've gotten pretty busy, and distracted with life and it's not exactly a bad thing. It's not that I haven't been doing good things, just that I haven't made time for things that help me to progress and feel accomplished. And really... that's why New Year's Resolutions are good. (Dang it, I've managed to convince myself, now I can't use any excuses, the other day I joked with my roommate that I wasn't going to make any, lol). I know they really do help to jump start us to be better, to progress and to live our dreams. So I am going to take some time and really think about what I want to accomplish this next year. What dreams I want to start living and write those goals down, maybe one of them might even be to start writing on my blog again. Who knows! They can be anything I want, that's what dreams are for! :) So lets all go make some dreams happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!