Sunday, February 27, 2011

Can I Have Your Number? Can I Have It?

So, funny story...while I was waiting to get into Monster Jam tonight, a similar incidence happened to me! The guy had a full on gold grill, as in his whole row of front teeth were gold! He was totally gangsta! My roommate Jessica and I were waiting to meet up with some of her friends from Berkeley so we could get all our tickets together. We needed to get some from scalpers cause they were pretty much sold out. So while we were waiting this guy came up and started talking to us. I initially thought he was a scalper. But no! He said, "So, um what are you ladies doing tonight?" I told him, we were waiting for some friends. He said, "Um, okay well, what are you doing this fine night?" Me, "waiting for our friends to show up." Him, "Oh, well can I hang out with you ladies?" Me, "Well do you have tickets to Monster Jam?" He replied, "So I can hang with you if I have tickets? So where you're friends at? Are they your boyfriends?" my response, "Well, they're boys, and they're friends." He replies, "Oh really well, where you're friends at? Are they coming back? Are they you're boyfriends? Are there other girls with you?" (You've probably noticed a lot of repetitive questions, just like Darrell! :) Well, that's cause he kept asking the same questions. I was trying to give as little information out as possible. I really only started talking to him cause I thought he was a scalper.) Me, "Yes, they're coming right now." Him, "Um, so listen...can I have your number?" Me, "No sorry." Him, "Oh come on girl, can I have it?" Me, "No, I don't really know you." Him, "Oh, but that's how you get to know someone. Come on girl, can I  have your number?" Me, "I'm sorry, but no." Him, "oh come on girl can I have it, that's how you get to know people, become friends." My response, " No, you really can't have it! Have a good night though."  Then he finally he walked off! I just loved that he asked if we had boyfriends, and if they we're coming back! I wanted to ask, "is your name Darrell? Spelled like Darrell, but pronounced Da-Rell" Hahahaha! Love it... I never thought something that hilarious would happen to me!

On another note: Monster Jam was really cool! Some of the stunts these guys pulled off were pretty amazing! They've got to be insane to do this! Here are some pictures!

This is the stadium
 So basically this was a competition, the drivers come out and have to last for 90 seconds and do as many stunts as they can in that amount of time. There were guys jumping up the mounds, and over the other smaller cars, the coolest stunt they did was where they would jump onto a mound and then go up on there back wheels and the drive across the mound pretty much standing vertically! It was pretty amazing!
 I got to see cars completely airborne, others get toppled over, wheels popping ,wheels coming off, and cars flipping over completely after doing crazy 360 spins! It was a pretty exciting event!
Here's my roommate Jessica!

and me in front of the arena

In this pic the car is airborne! He jumped up the mound and almost made it all the way across!

more monster cars driving around, they had great names like, the Patriot, Captain USA, the Bone Crusher, and Grave Digger, that car was actually a Hearst!!

Me with my ticket!
So we had to buy our tickets from scalpers, cause they were only selling separate tickets at the box office, by the time our whole group was there some of the scalpers were selling them for $40! We got ours for $25! We're good bargainers! :) (I gave the guy my number! ;)) *

Oh, and Grave Digger won! He was pretty amazing and drove around until he pretty much demolished his car! He was doing tons of jumps and then ended up flipping completely over! Captain USA did pretty good too, he held the top spot for most of the event! Way to go with their crazy selves! :)

*Fabricated- this event did not really take place.

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny Stacia. For some reason I can't really picture you at a Monster Truck rally. Do I have to start teasing you about turning into a red-neck? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA oh my gosh, that is so funny about that guy hitting on you. Way to go for not giving in!! Hahaha oh my goodness. But hey, take that as a compliment that you are totally beautiful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Steve don't worry I'm definitely not turning into a redneck! It was pretty fun though! I figured it'd be fun to go since I'd never been to one before. :)

    Thanks Angie! It was hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!