Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"... of San Francisco!

So we have been having amazingly beautiful weather here in San Fran! In fact I'm shocked at how sunny and warm it has been here! Growing up, every time we went to San Francisco i always remember it being cold, foggy, and windy, so I wasn't expecting to have so much sun! I feel like I'm finally getting my Summer! Last Summer was spent in rainy Seattle, and believe me, it lived up to it's reputation! It really was still beautiful there, but it was cold, and rained a lot, which is kinda disappointing after a snowy, cold Provo winter! You kinda need the sun again to round it out! :) Anyway, it's beautiful here! I feel so blessed, and am loving the sun, clear skies and  beautiful multicolored sunsets! My apartment has a beautiful view of the city too, and so I had to take some pictures!
First here are some pictures from around the city, on Saturday I took a walk, and got some beautiful shots from around the city!
I kinda love all the wires in this shot, it really captures the true SF!

It's amazing that those trees still grow straight up even though they're totally slanted!

Crossing 19th Ave!

Here's the church, I figured I'd get a shot in.

This is the view from my house, it just feels like classic San Fran, the hills, all covered with houses!

I just loved all the different colors!

You can really see the beautiful colors of the sunset in this one!

I think this is my favorite shot!
So, it's pretty beautiful and I hope this weather lasts a little longer, I hear it should for the rest of this week and then we're getting lots of rain! Well, I consider myself extremely lucky to be having this kinda weather in February when the rest of the country is freezing and covered in snow! I've come to truly appreciate California, it took moving back here after 7 years to come to this realization. :) I guess I just didn't appreciate how beautiful it was out here till now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!